Wednesday, October 8, 2008

US of A & rest of the world!

A terminology I have been hearing more & more in the recent past. True it has come to that. If America sneezes - the rest of the world follows suit, if America says butter is bad for health , rest of the world stops eating it , the list goes on & on.
Now, it is election time in the US , along with an economic crisis. I am surprised at how much time and resources rest of the world is putting into following the campaign. shouldn't the govt.owned media be cutting costs and not sending their reporters globe trotting?
It makes me wonder whether there is something wrong with my thinking and simple economics or theirs.
I must be right since I have not landed in massive debts!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Unbelievable ! experts with degrees from institutions like Harvard, Yale etc. could not avert the economic crisis.
Wonder when and how all this will end. Everything is either controlled by US of A or out of control.
In times like this I like to take solace in the Hindu philosophy of "destiny". Therfore if the human race is destined to self destruct , it will, if it is not , then it won't.
Simple.
Let me end on a philosophical not.

1 comment:

Amrita said...

Exactly, US of A is like the darned Pied Piper and the rest of the world is the 'rats' or 'mice' or whatever animal it was that he was driving out !
Terrible the state of affairs!!